Re: ssl or other encryption

"Greg Jordan" writes:
>We are considering changing webservers (as I am sure alot of other folks are
>too) to either Apache, or possibly TUX. Does TUX support SSL or some other
>encryption package/feature?

TUX itself doesn't support SSL because TUX does protocol handling in kernel
and SSL in kernel doesn't make sense and also can't be bounced to Apache.
If you are doing a mix of http and https, you can accelerate http with TUX
and use Apache for any http that TUX doesn't handle (PHP, etc) and also
for all https.

Red Hat's most recent beta release has support for the Broadcom 5820
SSL accelerator card, which will greatly accelerate SSL with Apache
if SSL ends up being a bottleneck for you.

Hope that helps,

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/