system hangs

Hi all,

I am new to this list and need some help.
I downloaded the latest TUX programs (kernel patch and user space programs)
and was able to successfully compile the kernel. When i boot the system with
this kernel my sysetm hangs just after displaying loading of the IDE driver.
Since i have enabled the 'Verbose BUG() reporting' under kernel hacking, it
says that there is some problem with softirq.c file. I am not a programmer so
i could not figure out the problem this this file.

My configuration:
Distro- RH7.1
Kernel Version - 2.5.5
TUX patch - tux2-full-2.4.5-B6.bz2