Re: system hangs

"Vishwanath T.K." wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am new to this list and need some help.
> I downloaded the latest TUX programs (kernel patch and user space programs)
> and was able to successfully compile the kernel. When i boot the system with
> this kernel my sysetm hangs just after displaying loading of the IDE driver.
> Since i have enabled the 'Verbose BUG() reporting' under kernel hacking, it
> says that there is some problem with softirq.c file. I am not a programmer so
> i could not figure out the problem this this file.
>
> My configuration:
> Distro- RH7.1
> Kernel Version - 2.5.5
> TUX patch - tux2-full-2.4.5-B6.bz2

Hmm, I have the same problem here with my Athlon system. I tried to disable
busmaster DMA for IDE but it didn't change anything.

Sorry don't have the time to check vanilla 2.4.5 or 2.4.5-ac4.

Bye, Marcus

--

[ Marcus Gruendler | Marcus.Gruendler@aixigo.de | http://www.aixigo.de ]
[        aixigo AG - financial training, research and technology       ]