RE: system hangs

I have seen this as well (with an athlon go figure)
  it looks like an APIC issue to me

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcus Gruendler [mailto:mgruendler@aixigo.de]
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 9:20 AM
To: tux-list@redhat.com
Subject: Re: system hangs

"Vishwanath T.K." wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am new to this list and need some help.
> I downloaded the latest TUX programs (kernel patch and user space
programs)
> and was able to successfully compile the kernel. When i boot the system
with
> this kernel my sysetm hangs just after displaying loading of the IDE
driver.
> Since i have enabled the 'Verbose BUG() reporting' under kernel hacking,
it
> says that there is some problem with softirq.c file. I am not a programmer
so
> i could not figure out the problem this this file.
>
> My configuration:
> Distro- RH7.1
> Kernel Version - 2.5.5
> TUX patch - tux2-full-2.4.5-B6.bz2

Hmm, I have the same problem here with my Athlon system. I tried to disable
busmaster DMA for IDE but it didn't change anything.

Sorry don't have the time to check vanilla 2.4.5 or 2.4.5-ac4.

Bye, Marcus

--

[ Marcus Gruendler | Marcus.Gruendler@aixigo.de | http://www.aixigo.de ]
[        aixigo AG - financial training, research and technology       ]