Re: Greetings!

"Ray Slakinski" writes:
>I mainly deal with cgi's and asp in my webserver.  I know that TUX can
>handle cgi's without issue, but what about asp's?  or any other type page
>like php?

There are no asp modules available for TUX at this point (for any
normal meaning of asp) nor php.

These kinds of things, because they tend to be cpu-limited, do not
tend to benefit significantly from TUX's architecture, so there is
not much demand for them, either.  We recommend that you use Apache
to serve such modules through TUX's ability to redirect.  The docs
show how to do that.

>The file types it supports is real important to me and my needs.

We definitely understand that, and that's why it's so important
that for these kinds of web serving applications TUX is able to
work hand-in-hand with Apache or any other web server of your
choice.

While it's not impossible to write a TUX module version of PHP
or any one of the many kinds of asp modules out there, it would
be difficult (the TUX api is event-driven rather than connection
oriented, which is key to its high performance) and new code
would be likely to have more bugs, for a probably unmeasurable
benefit in the applications we know of, so it really makes sense
to stick with Apache (or whatever web server you are used to
using) for that part of your web application, using TUX to speed
up the bits that you can effectively in your particular situation
with TUX (static content, CGIs, and perhaps some simple TUX modules
if parts of your code would be easy to port to the TUX module
framework).

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/