Re: kernel crashes

Well tomorrow is the next test as they'll be heavily used again.

Last Sunday I tested several options and I am sure it's not SMP-related.
UP kernels crash too. The only thing that seems to be involved is heavy
copying to the machine using scp just before it crashes. It might be an
issue with files changing that tux is serving but I have no idea how to
test that reliably. Ingo mentioned he fixed some possible problems in his
last fix so let's hope he did.

But untill proven otherwise I haven't found a single kernel that manages
to stay up when it gets somewhat loaded and in my case it notably crashes
when serving quite a few pages and getting scp'd to at the same time.

So I can't give you any good news yet.

Dirk Moerenhout ///// System Administrator ///// Planet Internet NV