Re: Status of Tux?

Is tux really _that_ much faster than Apache II on a 2.5 kernel with the new thread libraries?

...the point being maybe that by 2.6 release perhaps there will be good performing user space solutions that have many features.

jjs wrote:

Michael T. Halligan wrote:

I haven't seen many postings here lately, and mingo's site hasn't
been updated in almost a year.. is this penguin dead in the water?

I guess Ingo's been very busy with other pieces
of the kernel architecture lately, mainly in 2.5 - I'm
hoping that once 2.5 firms up, tux will start to track
the kernel again -

I'd hate to see it die - even with all the features it
lacks compared to e.g. apache, it is just so damn
fast it'd be a real shame -

Joe