Re: Status of Tux?

As it is, I'm thinking of swtching to fnord.. In my tests it's as fast as
tux, sometimes a little bit faster.. I'm also kind of curious as to
IBM's AFPA webserver, it's supposed to blow tux out of the water..

=
= Is tux really _that_ much faster than Apache II on a 2.5 kernel with the
= new thread libraries?
=
= ...the point being maybe that by 2.6 release perhaps there will be good
= performing user space solutions that have many features.
=
= jjs wrote:
=
= > Michael T. Halligan wrote:
= >
= >> I haven't seen many postings here lately, and mingo's site hasn't
= >> been updated in almost a year.. is this penguin dead in the water?
= >>
= >>
= >>
= > I guess Ingo's been very busy with other pieces
= > of the kernel architecture lately, mainly in 2.5 - I'm
= > hoping that once 2.5 firms up, tux will start to track
= > the kernel again -
= >
= > I'd hate to see it die - even with all the features it
= > lacks compared to e.g. apache, it is just so damn
= > fast it'd be a real shame -
= >
= > Joe
= >