Re: Status of Tux?

apache-2.0 even with the new threaded libraries couldn't hope to be as
fast as tux.

it's simple math really ... even threaded apache requires more RAM (code
and data) per concurrent connection than TUX.  your processor has a fixed
size cache, once you exceed it your perf drops dramatically.  TUX's
critical stuff fits in the cache more readily than apache.

you can make similar arguments for many more aspects of the two
architectures.  (especially when you start factoring in all the
abstraction in apache-2.0 for things like filters and crud.)

but hey, benchmark it if you're not sure :)

-dean