the questionmark problem

Thierry de Montaudry thierry at mailhub.co.za
Wed Apr 21 14:28:12 UTC 2004

Hi,

Sorry if it is the wrong place to ask... but I couldn't find the answer anywhere:

I am trying to migrate a server from RH7.1 (tux 2.0.26) to RH9 (tux 2.2.9), and can't make it work
the same way. All the URL are like http://server/img/file.gif?l=x&s=y (only serving images)

With the current server (RH7.1), tux handles all URLs even if there is a '?' in the URL, but I can't
manage to make tux 2.2.9 do the same, and it clearly says in the (short) doc that if the URL
contains a '?' it will be passed to the secondary server...

Is there any way to get tux to handle URLs with a '?' without recompiling the kernel?

If not, where can I find docs about creating a tux kernel module to do the job ? (and change the
links to be http://server/img?file.gif&l=x&s=y) or at least to get the headers and one sample?

Some would say I could change my links... but the logs are processed to create stats, so I have
to include some info in the link.

Thanks and regards,

	Thierry