How does tux redirect the request to the secondary server?

shiner chen shiner_chen at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Dec 2 01:33:38 UTC 2004

Sorry, I dont get your answer's true point.  I want to get your more detail explain.

1.Does the secondary server send the response to client directly? Or secondary server send the response to tux because tux is a proxy for dynamic request?

2.if secondary server send response to client directly ,how does the tux implement that? I think tux must modify the tcp/ip protocol stack code. is it right?

tux at mikebell.org wrote:

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 03:46:17PM +0800, shiner chen wrote:
> does the secondary server send the response to client directly ? if tux does like that ,I want to know how does it do that! thanks !

It does. TUX is able to pass the connection on to the secondary server
because it is in the kernel. There was some time a while ago about a
syscall to allow userspace HTTP daemons to do the same thing, but I
don't recall anything coming of it.