How does tux redirect the request to the secondary server?

Noah sitz at onastick.net
Thu Dec 2 02:08:26 UTC 2004

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 09:33:38AM +0800, shiner chen wrote:
> Sorry, I dont get your answer's true point.  I want to get your more detail explain.
>
> 1.Does the secondary server send the response to client directly? Or secondary server send the response to tux because tux is a proxy for dynamic request?

The secondary server sends the response to the client directly.

> 2.if secondary server send response to client directly ,how does the tux implement that? I think tux must modify the tcp/ip protocol stack code. is it right?

Tux accepts the initial port 80 request, and makes a decision. If it
decides to let the secondary server handle the request, it picks up the
file descriptor which describes the network connection to the client and
hands it off to the secondary server. The server sends the response to
the client IP:port info in that file descriptor.

--n

--
<huey> dd of=/dev/fd0 if=/dev/flippy bs=1024
<huey> ^^^ Making Flippy Floppy