Documentation error

Chris Davies mcd at daviesinc.com
Fri Jul 30 14:49:02 UTC 2004

on page:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/tux/TUX-2.2-Manual/virtual-
hosting.html

string_host_tail
The strip_host_tail tunable strips off hostname components, starting at
the end of the hostname.

 If the value is set to 0, this tunable is disabled.

 If the value is set to 1:

http://www.some.site.com/a.html => $DOCROOT/some.site/a.html

 If the value is set to 2:

http://www.some.site.com/a.html => $DOCROOT/site/a.html

 and so on...

However, looking at the code and doing some testing, it appears that the
example for value set to 2 is incorrect.  In reality what I am seeing
is:

If the value is set to 2:

http://www.some.site.com/a.html => $DOCROOT/some/a.html

however, in my current situation, the documentation would have done what
I wanted.  :)

Also, the header says string_host_tail, but the description mentions
strip_host_tail.  The header should say strip_host_tail.