Please add new mime type on web4

extrapolator diogenes at vgernet.net
Wed Mar 10 02:32:03 UTC 2004

Hi Team,

Your web server is presently sending "application/octet-stream" for
favicon.ico files.
This is a server misconfiguration.  (See below.)

Please add the following to your /etc/apache/mime.types file in order to
provide support for favicons.

	image/x-icon	ico

This will correct the configuration.

As an alternative, you could add:

	AddType image/x-icon    .ico

to your httpd.conf file.

I have tested both of these possibilities on my Redhat Linux 9 Apache/2.0
system, and they corrected the problem.

For tux users, I have added the mime type to my /etc/tux.mime.types and
that fixed the problem on my linux box.  (Tux on Linux 9 pre-processes
files before Apache).

Thanks,

Ralph

---- Forwarded Usenet-message ----