Fwd: Re: server configuration for local and internet priority

Ralph E. Kenyon, Jr. diogenes at vgernet.net
Tue Mar 9 23:48:53 UTC 2004

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:25:08 -0500, Chris Davies <mcd at daviesinc.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 15:31, Ralph E. Kenyon, Jr. wrote:
>> It's beginning to look like tux is not passing on the correct
>> information
>> to apache.
> now you're at the same place I am with an apache 1.3 installation.
> Apache 2.0 works correctly which leads me to believe that tux sends
> the command to the backend in some format that 2.0 is able to decipher,
> but 1.3 decides for whatever reason is invalid.

Since writing the above, I found this:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/tux-list/2003-May/msg00011.html

I was able to get virtual hosting working so I can see the virtual hosts
using both tux and apache (tux-2.2.9-1 and Apache/2.9.40) from both the
Linux 9 box using Opera 7.23 and over the lan from the W2K machine running
Opera 7.50P3.

But now I have a different problem. I can no longer see the root host on
the linux machine.  (/var/www/html is no longer accessible from either my
linux machine or from my windows machine via the lan.)

--
http://www.xenodochy.org/ralph.html