Using Tux and always forcing particular IPs to the backend

Noah sitz at onastick.net
Wed May 5 19:53:41 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 12:09:18PM -0400, Chris Davies wrote:
> So, has anyone done real-life testing where every request on a
> particular IP happens to go to a backend?  I haven't noticed that tux
> adds that much latency for things that do get handed off, but before I
> go in that direction, has anyone done this?

FWIW, I had, at one point, hacked tux to hand off all requests for a
particular 'Host:' header to the back-end webserver. It was a fairly
small patch; just a few lines. I only needed to do it for one host
header, so I just hardcoded the host I wanted to hand off into tux. Being
able to maintain a list of Host: headers that tux will always hand to the
back-end server would be a really useful feature, especially for those
of us who used name-based vhosting and want to run mailman (yes, you
alter mailman to roll the CGIs to have extensions, but that's just a
little icky IMO =)  ).

--n

--
DON'T BUY CELERY if you have pink underwear!