tux on 2.4.27 kernel and referrer checking

joe joe at tmsusa.com
Tue Oct 26 23:48:54 UTC 2004

Dean Lim wrote:

>Really? Alot of people I asked said that 2.6.8.1 was development grade
>so I kind of assumed 2.6.9 is too or am I wrong about 2.6.8.1 being
>development as well?

AFAIK all kernel.org releases can now be considered "development grade",
of interest to developers, integrators and brave beta testers. For
production use, the normal practice is to run a linux distribution from
a vendor. The vendor kernels are carefully patched and subjected to
rigorous testing, so the vendors can certify and support their
enterprise distributions.

Disclaimer: for specific tux issues with 2.6, Ingo will be able to offer
more insight...

Best Regards,

Joe