Maximum performance for caching

Batara Kesuma bkesuma at ml.gaijinweb.com
Fri Sep 3 03:05:32 UTC 2004

Hi,

I use DNS round robin to split the load to 2 Tux servers. These servers
only serve image files. The image files is located on NFS server, and
the Tux servers are getting the files from there. The files don't change
very often, how do I get the maximum performance for caching? Right now
my config files look like:

## /etc/tux.mime.types
image/jpeg                      jpeg|86400 jpg|86400
image/gif                       gif|86400
image/png                       png|86400

## /etc/sysctl.tux
net.tux.mode_allowed = 400
net.tux.generate_etags=0

[root at ternate etc]# rpm -qa tux
tux-3.2.18-1

Is it better to generate etags? Is there anything else that I can tweak
the caching performance better? I asked this because my load on both
servers jumped up to around 2. Thank you very much.

Regards,
Batara