Re: Maximum performance for caching

If the load is two, are you sure you don't have a stuck nfs handle tying
things up?  What tasks are in the R state?

net/tux/generate_cache_control = 1
net/tux/generate_etags = 1
net/tux/generate_last_mod = 1
net/tux/defer_accept = 0

These actually do seem to make things faster based on 'seat-of-the-
pants' performance.

I think you can avoid last_mod with your expires header -- other than
that, these are the settings we've been using for 16+ months after
finally settling on what the client said was 'fast'.