Re: Maximum performance for caching

ps axf
or just man ps

Ok. I have checked this. Almost all of the TUX processes are in S state.
<snip/>
But still my load average is about 2. What does this mean? This machine
is dedicated to TUX server btw. The traffic is pretty huge, about 4
million pageview / day. 1 page has about 10 images, so it is about 40
million access to the images.

ps ax | grep -w '[DRZ]'
that will show you all processes running, in D state (waiting for I/O) and zombies

perhaps that'll help you out