Re: Maximum performance for caching

Hi William,

> What kind of hardware do you use? (proccessors, RAM, SCSI|IDE).  What
> kernel are you running?

My TUX servers are running:
tux-3.2.18-1
kernel-smp-2.6.5-1.358

The hardware is:
Pentium 4 2.80GHz (with HT)
1GB RAM
80GB HDD SATA

But mostly of the images are served from NFS. The NFS server has the
same specs, except it has 250GB HDD SATA with RAID 1. I think the
bottleneck is on the NFS server.

> Looking at the statistics in the apache access_log, almost 70% of the
> requests are static content, so tux would be a fantastic thing here.
> TUX is really brilliant with static content.

Yes, more than 80% of the requests are static contents. TUX is amazing,
but the problem is the NFS server :(