AW: debugging TUX

Mayuran Yogarajah mayuran.yogarajah at casalemedia.com
Tue Aug 23 17:50:45 UTC 2005

>You can follow TUX's request processing on syslog by enabling TUX debugging:
>1) If your kernel wasn't built with CONFIG_TUX_DEBUG=y, then
>   rebuild your kernel with this option turned on.
>2) Enter the following comands:
>   echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/tux/Dprintk
>   echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/tux/TDprintk
>3) Follow kernel messages:
>   cat /proc/kmsg
>4) Open a second terminal session and request the page in question:
>   wget -S --spider http://localhost/page.html
>5) Tux should have printed verbose messages to your first terminal.
>
>Regards,
>Max

Ok I've done this and am now seeing messages through /proc/kmsg.
Unfortunately
I have no idea how to interpret any of this :/ I am looking to find the
reason why
TUX decides to pass the request to apache.  I know TUX has 7 rules that
must hold
for TUXto serve the request.  If I could somehow see which rule is
violated that
would help.  The main issue is that TUX is not serving the request when
it should be
and I am trying to find out why.

thanks,