Passing 404s to Apache?

Adrian Holovaty tux at holovaty.com
Thu Mar 3 20:31:00 UTC 2005

Thanks for your quick responses! My experience, though, suggests that it isn't
default Tux behavior to pass 404s. Here's what I did; maybe somebody can
point out what I overlooked --

1. Started Tux, with default parameters.

2. Changed "Listen 80" to "Listen 8080" in Apache configuration and restarted
Apache.

3. Went to a page in my Web browser that Apache knows how to handle (but whose
file doesn't exist on the filesystem) -- but got the standard Tux "Page not
found" message, rather than the Apache page. I expected Tux to pass the 404 to
Apache, which would then handle the page.

Adrian