Passing 404s to Apache?

Chris Davies mcd at daviesinc.com
Thu Mar 3 20:51:56 UTC 2005

What is the tux docroot?
What version of Apache?
What port is tux set to redirect to? sysctl.tux or something similar
What does your apache config look like?

Turn on dprintk in tux (sysctl.tux) and LogLevel debug in Apache

Is the request showing up in the error log?

My guess is that you are using Apache1 and NameVirtualHost.

Try:

NameVirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80

and in your virtualserver config

VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80

Yes, I know its not 8080, but, apache1's virtual mapping is a bit screwy
and thus you might be getting a hash miss in the domain name.