TUX: error -98 binding sock...

sonny at prisonserver.com sonny at prisonserver.com
Wed Nov 9 14:03:20 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I had to reboot a TUX enabled server that threw a:

Kernel panic - no syncing: Fatal exception

After a reboot, all went well and it keeps going for now.

The daily Logwatch showed:

WARNING:  Kernel Errors Present
   TUX: error -98 binding sock...:  4 Time(s)

The linux server:

CentOS release 4.2 (Final)
Linux version 2.6.9-22.0.1.ELsmp (buildcentos at x8664-build)
(gcc version 3.4.4 20050721 (Red Hat 3.4.4-2))
#1 SMP Thu Oct 27 13:14:25 CDT 2005

I had been installing / configuring TUX using "mount --bind" before the crash,
nothing special. Since I have very good experience from TUX and didn't find
anything about this error, I just wanted to share this to see if anybody can
enlighten this up a bit?

Thank you.

Juan

http://www.prisonserver.com