Tux on RHEL 4.1 AS

William M. Shubert wms at igoweb.org
Sun Oct 16 05:09:43 UTC 2005

Ah, no! You don't need to touch the kernel. If you have the RHEL kernel
installed (and running), and the "Tux" package installed, then you have
Tux installed.

The message "Tux version: 3/0/0; could not initialize TUX" could mean
many things. My best guess would be that configuration files are missing
or not usable. The bit about configuring and installing the kernel is
beside the point if you are running the RHEL kernel - it has already
been done if you are.