Re: Crashing TUX

Hi Nicolas,

> I’m running TUX on a popular website here in Belgium (>2.000.000
> pageviews / day) and I use it to serve all my static content (images,
> css, …).

maybe this is off-topic, but we at Inbox.lv switched from TUX to lighttpd (lighttpd.net), because: 1) kernels are much easier to upgrade (especially if there are two kernel patches simultaneosly - Tux and GrSecurity) 2) lighttpd can be configured with rewrites, etc., configuration is very very flexible
3) problems may be tracked down easier than with tux (with valgrind).

I wouldn't say that lighttpd never crashes, but since it runs under daemontools it's restarted automatically.

And, unlike most other small webservers, lighttpd works with PHP.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Nicolas Van Eenaeme

Best Wishes,
Viktors