Tux listen on different IP or Port

Alex Davies daviesalex at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 15:56:50 UTC 2006

Dear Max,

I want to run Tux on one IP to serve up soley static content (images
and so on). I am under the impression that this will give me greater
performance than thttpd.

I want to run Apache on another IP to server up PHP websites.

echo "http://x.x.x.x:80" > /proc/net/tux/0/listen/0

Indeed changes that file, but when I restart tux it is still listening
on all IP addresses bound to that server!

If I change the port it just ignores it and remains bound to port 80.

With many thanks,

Alex