AW: Tux / apache / squid(?) questions

Max Helmet max at expires-2004.workforce.de
Fri Feb 24 17:49:50 UTC 2006

Hi,

TUX accellerates HTTP by serving static HTML and image files without the
overhead of an  user/kernel switch and by reducing the request processing to
an absolute minimum. It just "peeks" into the incoming request and then
decides whether it can serve the response by itself or better leave it as is
and hand the job over to the user-space web server. After the hand-over TUX
stops dealing with the request, leaving sole responsibility to the web
server of choice. In this process, no proxying and no HTTP redirection is
involved.

This said, TUX will not cache any responses coming from the user-space web
server. TUX specializes in serving static files and does extremely well at
it - nothing more, nothing less.

If your primary concern is reverse proxying, TUX probably isn't right for
you.

Regards,
Max