AW: [analog-help] TUX Log files format and scripts for analysis oflogfiles + apache caching

Max Helmet max at expires-2004.workforce.de
Fri Mar 3 16:20:33 UTC 2006

Hi,

> 1. front end tux receive requests -  it doesn't have the object
>     pass it to apache in front end (same machine)
>     (all DOCROOT  -tux and apache - point to /opt/somedir/www/)
>
> 2.apache front end does not have object --> redirect to back end IIS
>
> How do I make objects that came from back end IIS stay in
> /opt/somedir/www/ in order to be served next time by tux?

I'm afraid mod_disk_cache doesn't support this. However, you could use
mod_proxy and mod_ext_filter with a custom module which writes the files
sent by the back end to the according directory in /opt/somedir/www/ before
passing it on. But I wouldn't take this approach because of security
concerns.

Again, I'd suggest to use a cron job that mirrors the back end server once
an hour or once a day. For example you could grep|sed|sort all the URLs from
the AccessLog and then use wget to copy them to the front end server. Or you
could have a look at the command line version of HTTrack and let it unfold
its power.

Regards,
Max