what is the latest release

Ralph E. Kenyon, Jr. diogenes at xenodochy.org
Sun Jul 20 16:35:05 UTC 2008

I searched this question so that I could upgrade my RedHat 9 to Fedora,
but I could not find any updates for tux.

The latest document for Tux is copyright 2002 and is version 2.2.
The last version of Redhat which lists documentation for Tux is RHEL 4.

In my research, I discoverd that the kernel must specifically support
Tux.  It worked great in RedHat 9.

As near as I can tell, Tux, per se, is no longer available for more recent
versions of Redhat Linux.

The Tux.org ftp site is no longer functional.

My conclusion is that two stage static (tux) and dynamic (apache) web
serving is no longer an option.

It looks like I'll have to run Fedora as a server with just apache - no
tux.

Best of luck,
Ralph

--
Ralph E. Kenyon, Jr.
http://www.xenodochy.org/ralph.html

Home pages:
http://www.xenodochy.org
http://www.ballroomdances.org
FIGHT SPAM http://www.xenodochy.org/diogenes/antispam.html
(If you are thinking about collecting my email address, read the above
page first!)
Plain text markup: *bold*, /italic/, _underline_, LOUD
Keep our semantic environments and cyberspace clean.
Always report errors discovered while surfing the web.
My favorite saying (from general semantics):
It's not that seeing is believing, believing is seeing,
and we're much better at believing than we are at seeing.
http://www.xenodochy.org/ex/quotes/santayana.html