installing tux

Branko Badrljica brankob at avtomatika.com
Wed Apr 1 12:44:43 UTC 2009

Sam Watkins wrote:

> I am writing my own web server with specific features not found on other
> web servers, so I'm not interested in actually using another web server,
> I only want to benchmark them.
>
> My webserver outperforms all of the other web servers I have
> benchmarked.
>
> I also want to test it against tux, that's why I want to know the best
> way to install tux. Is tux still included in fedora distributions?

I have tried too, with much of the same problems you had. There is no
patch for recent kernel and it is not obvious how should one adapt it
manually.

Can you point us to data about your tachyon ( I mean, if it is online)
or is it, in accordance to the name, entirely in superluminal domain ;o) ?

As far as the names go, wouldn't neutrino be better choice ?

BTW: When doing benchmarks, you might want to consider KoanLogic's Klone
( http://www.koanlogic.com )

Regards,

Branko