Re: Route statement question

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Adam Cormany wrote:

> I need to add a "route add" statement to be used on
> every boot on a redhat 7.3 system. Where would be the
> best place to put this? Should I place it in the
> inittab and if so, what would be proper syntax for it?
> Should I make my own init.d script to execute the
> "route add" statement?
>
> Any help would be appreciated,
> Adam

You may want to add the route to /etc/sysconfig/static-routes.  You can
find the format in /usr/share/doc/initscripts-6.43/sysconfig.txt (I hope
I get the version right - I am on a 7.2 machine at the moment.)

Mikkel

This email is brought to you by mailtag.com!
Home of free email, and cheap internet!
http://www.mailtag.com