Re: Redhat-config-users

I tried deleting the entire /root/.gnome dir but that didn't help. It freezes up after I enter startx, after it gets to that grey screen with the X as the mouse cursor - it just sits there.

I also can't seem to run serviceconf.

I get this slightly different message:

ceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/share/serviceconf/serviceconf.py", line 446, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/share/serviceconf/serviceconf.py", line 436, in main
    Gui()
  File "/usr/share/serviceconf/serviceconf.py", line 145, in __init__
    self.populateList()
  File "/usr/share/serviceconf/serviceconf.py", line 197, in populateList
    self.clstServices.append_row(servicename, int(self.dict_services[servicename][0][int(self.editing_runlevel)]))
ValueError: invalid literal for int(): 4:on

I used useradd to add another user. That's not the problem but thanks for all your help so far.

It's more the fact that this stuff was working and now it isn't that's bothering me.

Thanks.