Re: /var needs more room

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Andrew Mihalic wrote:

> At this point it looks as if i am running out of room in /var i show
> only 39m free and the file seems to be locked at min 219m and max
> 258m.I still have 32gigs free but cannot seem to inject /var with a
> gig or so

You can try parted to make /var larger, if you have space at the
beginning or end of the /var partition.  If you can not do this, you
could create a new partition for /var, and move things over.  Then
change /etc/fstab to reflect the new mount point.  Stop syslogd, unmount
the old /var, and mount the new /var.  (Or reboot the system, if you are
more comfortable with that.)

Mikkel

This email is brought to you by mailtag.com!
Home of free email, and cheap internet!
http://www.mailtag.com