2nd hard drive/2nd OS

I have a Gateway 500X with "cable select". I have 7.3
on
a 40 gig and an unformatted 80 gig that I want to put
slackware on "Kind of a Linux laboratory". From what I
understand the cable selects which hard drive to use.
like my 7.3 and don't want to have to do a reinstall.
Could you give me some pointers as to how to go about
this. I have "Partition Magic" but would rather keep
things as simple as possible "F-disk".

                 RH Vigin