Re: samba, rh7.3 and windows NT,2000,XP?

Thanks!

I changed both passwords on windows and rh7.3 system 1 to the same new
password, then samba is working.  However, I am still not very
comfortable with it:

1. I never use the same password for windows and linux system, but samba
never showed problem before.

2. Now, my windows password is the same as that on rh linux box 1, and
the samba on box 1 is working well.  However, my password on rh7.3 box 2
is different from my password on windows, and the samba on box 2 is still
working -- it is never not working no matter what password I set on it
and on windows.  Is it strange?

3. I did one thing further: changed my password on rh linux box 1 and on
windows again so that my passwords on 3 systems are all different.  Then,
I tried samba again -- I can connect to samba servers on both rh linux
boxes!  More strange!

Something strange in samba.  Anyway, it is working now.  Thanks!

Hongwei

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:55:52 -0400 "Joe Polk" wrote:

> Well, the passwords must match. Otherwise, you will get denied. This
> "could"
> be your issue. Try setting both pw's to the same thing and see what
> happens.
>
> <<JAV>>

Jumping through hoops to get E-mail on the road?
You've got two choices: Join the circus, or use Molly Mail.

Molly Mail -- http://www.mollymail.com
Having trouble sending email from different locations ?
Need a single outgoing mail server that will work from anywhere ?

Set it to smtp.com and never have to change it again !

http://www.smtp.com