NIC driver; sis900 ...

Hello...

I'm running 7.3(of course) RedHat.  I have noticed that with my new minitower that my NIC driver(sis900.o) will not load (kernel out from the box unmodified, it attempts to but fails.  However, when I install version 8.0 the system will load the 8.0 sis900 driver and all is fine.   I really would like to use version 7.3.
Questions:

1.  Can I take the source code from the 8.0 package and recompile on 7.3 to have the NIC work properly?
2.  How does one perform the recompile of a single module without performing a complete kernel recompile and a complete module recompile?
3.  Does anybody know what RPM source(version 7.3) the NIC sis900 driver is in?

Best Regards,
--Ron Miotke