Re: How to install a package with all its depended packages?

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 04:25:23PM +0100, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 09:52:38AM -0500, Keith Mastin wrote:
> >
> > Just how many users are using M$ for mail on this list? I guess about as
> > many that can't wrap their lines or turn off the html?
>
> Quite a lot, actually.
> Outlook Express seems to be the dominating mail reader on this list.
>
> I was surprised at first but chalked it down to the fact that the people
> on this list must run Linux on their servers but not the workstations.
> OTOH, there are other mail readers than OE on Win32 platforms.

I actually use both.  I run mutt locally on my Linux server, and
occasionally run OE with IMAP to get stuff into my Windows desktop.  I
use a KVM to switch between the 2 systems.  My mail goes into my Linux
server, gets nicely filed and filtered by procmail, and then sits there
waiting for me.  The vast majority is read by mutt and only a few are
read by OE - typically attachments that I need to do something with in
Windows (like Homepage Builder or MS office files).

Those who follow this list a lot should prefer something like mutt - I
can process threads in next to no time compared to OE.  I delete a vast
majority of the threads based solely on subject line and a quick ^d is
preferred to a lot of pointing and clicking...

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts ewilts org