Re: First issues with RH8.0...

On 30 Sep 2002 22:59:08 -0400
Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> wrote:

# Are you sure that was en_US and not en_US.UTF-8?  Or try
# en_US.ISO-8859-1 to be super-sure.
#
# Of course not knowing what you mean by "issues" it's hard to say.
#
# All I'm saying is, with "C" many apps will barf if they see data
# with the high bit set.

Will en_US still have a funky sorting order?  ls [A-Z]* shows
lowercase files w/ the en_US.UTF-8 setting.  I don't like this one
bit.  [A-Z] should only show files w/ capital letters, no lowercase
letters.  This is one of the reasons I reverted to LANG=C

--
Jesse Keating
j2Solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: