Re: Font Installer missing :(

"Steven P. Ulrick" <spu faith4miracle org> writes:

> Does anyone know where the font installer that used to be in the KDE
> control center went to?  I assume that it's something that went away
> with Red Hat 8.0 :(
> Is there a way to get it from the appropriate (non-Red Hat) tarball?

The problem is that it won't work with the fontconfig/Xft2 setup, I
think. You can get it but it won't do much useful.

> My other question is, if I can't get the font installer back, is there
> another one in Red Hat 8.0?  I looked through everything(?) and couldn't
> find anything.

All you have to do is drop the fonts in the ~/.fonts directory and
they should work.

We're looking at an "install fonts" button for the next release,
probably just in the Font control panels.

Havoc