Re: eth0 is unstable?

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 13:19:03 -0400 (EDT) fliptop wrote:

> :> On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 09:09, hongwei morpheus wustl edu wrote:
> :> > Hi,
> :> >
> :> > I installed a RH7.3 system about 10 days ago.  It seems that the
> network
> :> > card eth0 is very unstable.  From time to time, eth0 does not
> :> function, I
> :> > have to take it down, then bring it up manually.  Many other
> cases, the
> :> > whole system is frozen -- although I am not sure if that is due
> to the
> :> > eth0 card, but I doubt it because when the system is runing only eth0
> :> > card is showing problem.  This eth0 card is an integraded card,
> :> Intel 100.
> :> >
> :> > My question is:
> :> >
> :> > How to test or check if it is a hardware problem (conflict,
> failure ...)
> :> > or it is the rh7.3 driver's problem?  I did not specifically
> install the
> :> > driver for it.  It was recognized during installatioon of rh7.3.
> If I
> :> > need to install/update the driver for it, where can I get the
> new driver
> :> > for it?  How to do it?
>
> i had a similar problem in my sony vaio.  i found this link helpful, and
> the software from scyld.com fixed the problem entirely.  you may want to
> try it before purchasing another card.
>
> http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/Linux/435/0/9024827/

I downloaded that file and found my ethercard is in sleep mode.  I used
that utility to change it.  Hope it will improve the situation of my
rh7.3.  I will monitor and report it here.

Thanks!

Hongwei

This message sent using EMUmail -- http://www.emumail.com

Jumping through hoops to get E-mail on the road?
You've got two choices: Join the circus, or use MollyMail.

Molly Mail -- http://www.mollymail.com