Re: eth0 is unstable?

On Thu, 03 Oct 2002 11:51:33 -0700 (PDT) "Steven J. Yellin" wrote:

>     I had a similar problem once on a RH7.0 system.  I was advised, and
> found, that the eepro100 module does not work well with some Ethernet Pro
> 100 cards, but that e100 is trouble free.  So if you have "alias eth0
> eepro100" in /etc/modules.conf, try replacing it with "alias eth0 e100".
> If this is the explanation, it's surprising that eepro100 hasn't yet
> been fixed.
>
> --
> Steven Yellin

I just downloaded a utility to change the Intel 100 card to non-sleep
mode.  I will monitor the system to see if that improves the card.  If
not, I will try to replcae the alias in /etc/module.conf -- I do have
"alias eth0 eepro100" now.

Thanks!

Hongwei

This message sent using EMUmail -- http://www.emumail.com

Jumping through hoops to get E-mail on the road?
You've got two choices: Join the circus, or use MollyMail.

Molly Mail -- http://www.mollymail.com