Re: RAID

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 10:28:26PM -0400, Jeff Tucker wrote:
> I would like to install two 100GB disks in a RH 7.3 box I have running as
> a web/application server, configured as RAID level 1 for data redundancy.
> Is it really as simple as the Linux references make it out to be?  Any
> "gotchas" I need to be watching for?

The install for me was absolutely smooth.  Just remember to put both
drives on separate IDE channels or your performance will suck.

I believe that there are gotchas when/if a drive fails and it eventually
gets replaced.  I can't remember the details and I don't have a system
with software raid on it right now, but you'll want to do some research
and some testing yourself to make sure you know how to recover when the
inevitable happens.

        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA