Re: RH 7.3 and imap

>> You should have run chkconfig ipop3 on before you restarted xinetd.
>>
>> Try restarting xinetd, again.
>
>No.
>
>  # service xinetd restart
>  # chkconfig ipop3 on
>
>would be just right, except that restarting xinetd is redundant when
>xinetd is running already. "chkconfig ipop3 on" would cause an
>xinetd hard reconfiguration, so with a default install,
>
>  # chkconfig ipop3 on
>
>is all you need to turn an installed POP3 server on.

What I do is edit /etc/xinetd.d/imap and change
	disble = yes
	disable = no
then
	service restert xinetd

This way, it is hard-coded into services and everything works. Just doing
chkconfig sometimes did not work though a reboot for some obsucre and
strange reason unknown.
--
Keith Mastin       BeechTree Information Technology Services Inc.
137 Laird Drive    Toronto    M4G 3V5     http://www.beechtree.ca