Re: RH7.3/Fresh Install/root logs out immediately after successful login

Hi Craig:

Thanks for your mail.

Yes, I boot in single user mode and did the following:

1. checked the permission of /bin/bash file      [OK]

2. checked logs
   /var/log/dmesg                                [OK]
   /var/log/messages                             [OK]
       . session opened for root
       . session closed for root

   /var/log/secure                    [lots of output]

   . noticed the following output trace after seting the 'debug' option
     for PAM's defined in 'login' and 'system-auth' service files.

     PAM_AUTHENTICATE

     PAM_ACCOUNT

     PAM_OPEN_SESSION

     pam_console_open_session

     PAM_SETCRED

     PAM_CLOSE_SESSION

Do all these observations help us get closer to the root cause.

Thanks
Tom.