How to boot 7.3 in single user mode?

Hi there,

I tried to configure my X-display on 7.3. I am running it on Compaq Armada LAPTOP with Trident display adapter. In the trial process, I lost the control of the display & I am getting a complete blank screen after getting login prompt in such a way that I can't even login now.

Can anybody help in getting out of this situation ?

regds,
Uday