LDAP Authentication ... oops!!

Ok - I'm in a bind here - Installed RedHat Linux 7.3 with the KDE desktop about a month ago, and I love it!. Being the curious and sometimes moronic person that I am, I recently turned on LDAP authentication for my logins and when I re-booted, my 'root' login does not work. I fear that since I didn't add any accounts to the LDAP directory, I'm not going to be able to login without re-installing. uggh.

Is there something I can do to get my login back? Does the root account exist, but just with a different password? Am I going to be forced to re-install?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Alan'