Oracle 8.1.7 Installation on RedHat 7.3

I have installed RedHat Linux 7.3 on my computer and i'm trying to install
Oracle 8.1.7 from the installation CD. Everytime I try to run the
"runInstaller" file it keeps telling me that it cannot find the file /bin/jre
even though I have installed the JRE.

If I copy the Oracle Cd to the harddrive and run it from the computer itself
it gives me the error message that it cannot initialize the JRE.

I know this is an oracle installation issue but I was wondering if anybody
encountered this problem and what was the solution. Thanks alot!