-----Original Message-----
From: valhalla-list-admin redhat com
[mailto:valhalla-list-admin redhat com]On Behalf Of Danny G Smith
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 9:33 AM
To: valhalla-list redhat com
Subject: kernel baseline for Redhat 7.3

I tried to install the new kernel binary (kernal-2.4.18-10.i686.rpm) via
a rpm binary.  My system only boots via floppy.  After installing, I
tried using mkbootdisk and got an error message.  First question, is
there a way that I can do it manually?

I have been looking at the docs to rebuild the new kernel from source.
Second question, is there a baseline that Redhat used when they made the
stock kernal that I can start from.  I have not been able to find any
CURRENT documentation on building a new kernal.  Can you point me to a
good faq?

--
thanks,
Danny G Smith

UNIX Systems Administrator
Crystallography Dept. Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation
phone (405)271-8954 fax (405)271-7953